September 5, 2015

"Summer of 68" Layout by DT Sherri

Today's fabulous inspiration is the creative work of our talented designer, Sherri
inspired by our 
and the September 1 Sketch at Stuck?! Sketches:
Sherri:
"I decided to do both the WORD and SKETCH Challenges
The photos in this layout were taken at one of those photo booths at the boardwalk when my little brother and I were 5 and 7 yrs old. ( Thanks for writing the date on the back Mom!) I had taken a picture of the photo strip and posted it on my Facebook page about 2 yrs ago. I thought it would be great to use for the sketch.Of course, I have no idea where I put the actual photo strip now ( one of those "really safe places I'm sure!) - so I downloaded it from Facebook, and re-sized it in PhotoShop. It came out a bit grainy and a little off square - but I just went with it. I was only going to use 3 of the photos, but I couldn't decide what one to leave out - so I made all 4 work!

Here is the "STUFF" from my STASH - for this month's word " L A Y E R S"

L - Lace, Lock, Lined Paper
A - Acrylic Embellishments, Arrows, Ampersand
Y - Yarn (paper,) Year, Yellow chipboard flower
E - Enamel Dots, EK Success Long Stapler
R - Ranger Distress Stains and Marker, EP "Reflections" chipboard, Queen and Co "ROX" self adhesive stones
S - Staples, Royal "Sparkles" by Kaiser"

Inspired by Sherri's awesome layout?
Here is the challenge that inspired her layout
Sherri's layout was further inspired by the
Sept 1st Sketch Challenge at Stuck?! Sketches

To participate in the challenge you are not required to use the sketch, but if you
decide to use the sketch, make sure you link it up with Stuck?! 
to be entered into their prize drawing.

And here is a look at the prize Scrap Our Stash is awarding our
random drawn winner this month:
$20 gift certificate to shop at 

Come back later this morning for our second blog post, we will be featuring 
layouts created by the Stuck?1 Sketches Design Team, inspired by
our Stash Challenge and their Sketch Challenge!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sherri this layout is AWESOME!!! I am loving all of the layers and textures! Fabulous job on the sketch and our stash challenge!

    ReplyDelete