July 11, 2013

Introducing New Design Team Member, Kerry Bruce

Hello and Welcome to the Scrap Our Stash Blog!
Today we are pleased to introduce new Design Team member:
Kerry Bruce
"Hello, my name is Kerry Bruce and I am a wife and mother to three teenage girls and we live in a small village in the UK.

My love (bordering on obsession) of scrapbooking began after attending a course many years ago and now I run my own scrapbook club locally.

My favourite stash is of course paper and if I can cut the pattern out to make embellishments even better! I love glitter, sequins and mists although I think this is due to scrapbooking girly layouts so much! I wouldn't want to be without a black pen as I tend to doodle on my pages a lot and I am still waiting for my house to sprout another room so I can have my own dedicated craft space!

I am looking forward to playing along with you all in creating lasting memories and most importantly having fun while we are at it!"

Kerry's Blog:  Scrapbooking - For The Love of Paper


Kerry doubled up on us to create her wonderful reveal for the 
Red, White, and Blue Challenge:

"Diamond Jubilee"
Here is what Kerry shared about her layout:
"As soon as I read the details of this challenge I knew it would have to be a layout about our Queens Diamond Jubilee Celebrations from last year. There were all sorts of things going on locally the whole weekend and we attended the music festival and fireworks that were being held just behind our home. I decided to make my layout a double pager and managed to recreate the Union Jack flag out of cardstock! (the photos hide a multitude of mistakes!) Then I placed my photos on top, and kept the rest of the page fairly simple, except you can't do a layout of the British Royalty without having bunting somewhere on the page and I do so love glitter! The only pre-made stars I had in my stash were some yellow buttons or some tiny sequin ones in gold! So I decided to colour the gold ones red and blue with my Promarkers and then used them to decorate around the title."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scrap Our Stash is happy to have Kerry joining our team and we are sure her creations will inspire you to dig into your stash,  and create something wonderful to share with us!  
Help us extend a warm welcome to Kerry by leaving a comment below!

Thank you for stopping by and make sure you stop by tomorrow for yet another introduction and  more Red, White and Blue inspiration!   

4 comments: