January 20, 2012

January New Challenge by Mary Pat

Design Team Member Mary Pat submitted this layout for the January NEW challenge.  She said:

Hi Everyone,
Mary Pat here to bring you my take on the January New Challenge.  I decided to make a layout with my favorite New tool--my Cameo.  I have had the original Silhouette for close to 6 years and I decided to upgrade to the Cameo because I LOVE the 12x12 shapes for background on layouts.  So for my layout "Summer Star"  I used my brand new Cameo and my first 12x12 shape. 


To make the layout I cut the background and then cut it in half  in order to use the 2 different patterns.  I then stitched the two back together with my sewing machine.  I used the Nikki Sivils Summer line to create this layout. 

I hope  you enjoyed my take on the January Challenge.


Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have somehing to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us. To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

 All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.

6 comments:

  1. Great layout using your new machine - I love the summery theme, just right for the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout. Love the two halves put together & your hanging tags. This is going to be a fun tool to have, huh? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! That looks really fun. Love how you cut them in half and then sewed them back together. Love the colors. I'm so ready for some more pool pictures! Need a little summer around here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool background! I like all the little tags too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. I love how you cut the background in half & then sewed it together. This really adds to the overall layout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you split that die cut shape apart and then restitched it. I think it added a lot more visual interest to your page.

    ReplyDelete