January 10, 2012

January New Challenge by Lisa


Reader Lisa submitted this card for the January NEW Challenge. She said:


Hi! Here is my submission to the January challenge. The new products I’ve used are Studio Calico Cameo Mister Huey Mist, Intertwined circles masking template, kraft butterflies, and Webster’s Pages bloomers. I know just about everyone has now used bloomers but it was my first time – for the ribbon that is J.


To create the card, I used the mask on some naturals ivory cardstock and spritzed with the Cameo mister. I then spritzed with some homemade mist using Baja Breeze Stampin’ Up! Ink and Perfect Pearls. The edges were inked with additional bright pink ink. The butterfly was cut on the Cricut, embossed and inked with various blue/green inks. The butterfly stickers were stamped with some white pigment ink. All was assembled to create a girlie card for a mother-to-be expecting a baby boy.


Link to my blog post featuring this card: http://lisae-design.blogspot.com/2012/01/misty-card-for-mother-to-be.html


Thanks for your consideration.
Lisa

Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have somehing to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Love the colors and you did a great job with the masking/misting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the Mr. Huey mist and masking. I adore the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the bold color combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - the colours are gorgeous and I do like the your masking. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bloomers but have yet to use them. Your gorgeous card is inspiring me to get them out to play.I love the misting on your car...lots of wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - sounds like you were able to use lots of new stash. Not sure if it's considered stash if it's new! Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete