October 6, 2010

Pagerize Joni - by Christy

Here is  Design Team Member Christy's take on Joni's Pagerize This Challenge.   She said, "when I saw Joni's layout, the first thing I noticed was all of the wonderful paint. I love the look of it on a page. I loved her bold color and the way your eyes were drawn to the photo in the center. I chose also to use paint...though I was not as bold as she was. This is a page about a cup of cocoa. As silly as it is, my DS has always referred to hot cocoa as " a cup of Co". I realized I had never documented this cute saying of his when he asked me for a cup on a recent rainy day. He's 10 now, so there probably are not too many more years with cups of "co" in my future.


I used the white paint around the edges of the brown card stock because it reminded me of the frothy cocoa. I chose this October Afternoon paper because the browns reminded me of the cocoa while the blues were like the color of the rainy day in the photo. To get more out of my double sided patterned paper, I cut a window out of the center and glued a scrap piece of brown cardstock to the back.

I was then able to use some scraps with the polka dot pattern to create faux ribbon. I have some of the paper left over to use on the 2nd page when I come back to it later.
Now it's your turn to take the Pagerize This Challenge - see all the details below.

10 comments:

  1. This is sooooo AWESOME Christy!!!! Love that you used paint too!! AND the colors are FAB!!! REALLY love the quote!! So great that you documented it... I love to do that .... isn't that one of the reasons we scrap?... it is for me! Hopefully our little ones will appreciate it someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love how you used your paint on this! Your layout is fabulous. The papers and colors are beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy you really outdid yourself on this one! How fun to scrap such a great memory. That is something he will love and his future children will love to see and read too.

    The colors are perfect, the painting you did just added that special something extra and I really love the embellies you used. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! That's adorable! I'm glad you documented that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Love the paint around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the complements...and yes, this is why we scrap...to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy, this is a stunning lo! The color combo is my fav (I've done many layouts lately using this color combo).
    Your use of paint is fab. It gives that extra perfect touch to the whole lo.
    And I love love love the half crochet flower with the faux ribbon pleating on the left upper corner! It is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors on your page - they are so warm and cozy - just make me want a cup of Co!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great memory to scrapbook! I like the blend of embellishments on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh what a lovely page. not to mention you're the frugaltastic with your paper. good advice!

    ReplyDelete