July 13, 2010

Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge 2 & July Challenge


Cake... yum by Kimmarie

Design team member Kimmarie said, "I had fun working with this sketch. I am making my daughter a graduation album in an 8 x 8 size so this sketch was a little bit of a challenge. I almost fit it all in. The supplies I used were TPC Studio Hats Off paper pack, Stampin Up Blue pattern papers, eyelets that came with my crop-a-dile, Stazon Ink, Making Memories alpha stickers and misc flowers.

I was able to do the sketch and throw in 4 eyelets to use for July's brads and eyelets challenge. My 10 year old daughter also scrapped with me and she did a graduation 8 x 8 layout as well and used square brads. We had such a nice time together. Do you ever scrap with your children? I do, but it takes away from the time I want to make something so I only scrap with them when I know that I can give them my attention. While Victoria scrapped, I played with stamps, embossing, glitter and flocking... No matter how many times I try, I cannot get the embossing done just right. I loved flocking. Anyway, enjoy the time you have with them. Take time to try our second sketch and July's challenge to use brads or eyelets. When you are done with your creation, send it to scrappinpsycho@live.com and Kathy will post your creation on our blog.

Thanks,
--
Kimmarie

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this - the colors are so vibrant and you did a great job of using the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo! It really makes the pictures stand out! That cake looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos really pop with the colors you chose. Great Take!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout, I like the distressed white! My girls are 9 & 11 and we enjoy scrapping together too.

    ReplyDelete