November 13, 2009

Design Team Reveal

Meet Joni Scrap Our Stash Design Team Member

Joni who lives in Phoenix, Arizona started scrapbooking in late 2001 when she was trying to preserve a memory of a recently lost pet. She was glad she was already involved in this hobby when her son, Joseph, was born in 2003. Her husband of 17 years, John, supports her creative "habit/addiction", knowing that she is preserving memories for her son and his future family. She feels she is truly blessed.

Joni scrapbooks almost every night for 1 - 3 hours although, some of that time is spent rummaging through her stash to find the "perfect" paper or embellishment. Joni states, "this is why I"m thrilled to have found this challenge blog, to help me use what i already own. My wallet likes this too!" She confesses that she is addicted to patterned paper (some of it is so beautiful she can't bring herself to use it). She keeps saving it for the "perfect layout".

Joni enjoys participating in different challenge sites and feels they are great for helping her think "outside the box" or just get a jump start. She is also on the design team at Practical Scrappers. She has lots of stash to scrap and loves a challenge. She hopes as a team member of Scrap Our Stash to provide inspiration to others.

As a requirement for the Design Team call Joni was asked to complete a "STASH" project. This could be anything she wanted to do that had something to do with her stash.

"Our Cowboy" is Joni's Stash Project.
She said she had a package of Karen Foster Charms for a long time. Her son was a cowboy for Halloween and so she thought she would use a couple of them. Then decided "what the heck am I saving them for?" So, she SCRAPPED HER STASH and used the whole darn package. She also used "really old" patterned paper & some fun chipboard stars which she covered with card stock & then doodled. The black circles are doodle stitched with Smooches (ink).

So, how could Joni have not been chosen for the Design Team? I think she is going to be a great asset to the team and I can't wait to see what she will contribute in the future. You can check out Joni's blog at http://joniparkerstuff.blogspot.com/
Please congratulate Joni and watch for more upcoming reveals. The Design Team Call is still open. See details below.

7 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Joni! I love the stitching around the circles! Looks very western! :) your son is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a similar vain to Practical Scrappers I love challenge sites that involve things I am likely to already have, as my scrapping budget is extremely minimal. I think I am going to really enjoy this challenge site and can't wait to see more of your work Joni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Joni! I like how you were able to use a whole pack of charms and they don't compete with each other. And backing them with the black circles gave each one it's own little frame which worked great. I can't wait to see your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Joni! This is such a great layout!! The papers are PERFECT for the photo & I just love what you did with those charms! I'm sure I have TONS of them in my stash and this is a great way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you Joni!! :) I also have this same paper...I need to use mine soon. I love the little black circles with the pen stitching and the charms. Very cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COngrats Joni... I know you will be a great dt member here.. I love your work! OF course the photo is perfect cause Joe is in it! AND the layout it beautiful because YOU did it!

    xoxoxo
    e

    ReplyDelete